The team at C. Ron Smith Attorney at Law works hard to represent our customers with dignity, respect, compassion and experience. We also carry these values outside our office doors and into the communities we serve. The good health and well-being of the people in our community – not only after an injury – but in their everyday lives, are very important to us as well. We actively support a variety of community events focused on healthy living, family participation, and enhanced education.
Peachtree City Rotary Club Grand Prix Race Series
The Peachtree City Rotary Club and Peachtree City Running Club have worked together since 2005 to organize the Peachtree City Rotary Club Elementary Grand Prix Race Series to raise funds for participating schools and raise awareness in the campaign against childhood obesity.
We are proud sponsors of many of the elementary school races, including:
Sun Run – Spring Hill Elementary School
C. Ron Smith Attorney at Law was a proud Platinum Sponsor of the Spring Hill Elementary School (S.H.E.S.) Sun Run 2018. The S.H.E.S. annual 5K Run and Kids Marathon is designed to promote fitness and health and raise funds to support school improvement goals. Their 2018 event attracted more than 300 runners. Our firm also sponsored the school’s 2016 and 2017 running events.
Heart to Heart 5K and Fun Run – Kedron Elementary School
C. Ron Smith Attorney at Law is a Gold Sponsor for the 2018 Kedron Elementary School Heart to Heart 5K and 1 Mile Fun Run. The school’s 14th annual event, which welcomes more than 400 runners, is a family event hosted by the Kedron PTO to encourage students and their families to be physically active and to strive to be their personal best.
Jingle Bell Trail – Peachtree City Elementary School
Our firm is once again a proud Diamond sponsor of the 2017 Peachtree City Elementary Jingle Bell Trail. This event is expected to attract around 1,000 runners from surrounding communities – included more than one-half of the elementary school’s student body, making the Peachtree City Elementary Jingle Bell Trail one of the largest individual events among the participating elementary schools in the Peachtree City Rotary Club Grand Prix. Peachtree City Elementary uses money raised to supplement school improvement needs to better serve their students. The school celebrated it’s 20th anniversary of the fun run in 2016. This is our third year sponsoring the event.
C. Ron Smith Attorney at Law is a Gold Sponsor for the 2017 Braelinn Elementary School “Run for the Stars.” More than 200 runners “Saluted our Veterans” this Veterans Day weekend in a 5k run and 1-mile race. Donations generated by this year’s event will help support maintenance and repairs of the school’s track. In addition, a percentage of the donations will be made to the Wounded Warrior Project, and the Independence Fund. This marks our second year as Gold-level sponsors for the event.
Our office is also a proud sponsor for the Sara Harp Minter Elementary School’s 2017 Turkey Trot.
The school has two primary goals in mind when it comes to this fun run: to bring the community together and for all to participate in an event that promotes health and exercise. Sponsorship contributions go directly back to the school and its students. This is our third year sponsoring the Turkey Trot.
Huddleston Hustle – Huddleston Elementary School
Huddleston Elementary School held it’s annual “Huddleston Hustle” and C. Ron Smith Attorney at Law was a proud Gold Sponsor of the 2016 run. The Huddleston Hustle is a 5K run, a Kids Fun Run, and for kids participating in the Kid’s Marathon, this event also will mark the final mile in the school’s ongoing 25.2-mile marathon.
Fayette County High School Sports Programs
For students participating in a school sports program, learning some of life’s most important skills just happens. Let’s say they score after running a play they learned at practice; or they give a supportive pat on the shoulder of a teammate for a missed catch — they may be having fun on the field, but they’re also building self-esteem and learning what it means to be a leader, to be a team player, to set goals and solve problems, and to communicate effectively with others. These are skills that transfer directly to their academic success – and as they prepare for their futures. That’s why we at C. Ron Smith Attorney at Law support our local high school sports programs, including the Chiefs of McIntosh High School and the Tigers at Fayette County High School.
Be. Go. Do. Guatemala
Be. Go. Do. represents the change they wish to be for the children and people of Guatemala and aims to instill the importance of giving back. International adoptions from Guatemala have shut down and the number of orphans continues to grow by leaps and bounds in this country which has suffered from years of civil war and unethical political rule. This year marks the second year of their Be. Go. Do. campaign to raise awareness and funds for projects to help those in need in Guatemala. The organization traveled back to Guatemala in July to work and help with selected projects such as El Amor de Patricia (orphanage), the “Bunk Bed Project”, the “Backyard School” development and others, as part of their vision to change the lives of thousands of children in Guatemala.
Additional Community Participation:
In addition to our sponsorship participation, we also contribute financially to a variety of local causes and scholastic groups such as:
- Spring Hill Elementary School STEAM Team – STEAM is an integrated approach to learning that encourages students to think more broadly about real-world problems, as well as creating awareness and excitement about career opportunities available in the areas of Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math, or “STEAM.”
- The Joseph A. Sam’s School – a private, non-profit school dedicated to the education and life skills development of children who are intellectually, physically or developmentally challenged. (annual donation)
- Promise Place – an organization dedicated to preventing and eradicating domestic violence through awareness, education and providing safety for the victims and their families serving victims of domestic violence and their children in Fayette, Spalding, Pike and Upson Counties. (annual donation)
- Whitewater High School Softball Team – 2015
- Whitewater High School Cheerleading – 2015, 2016
For more information on the organizations we support and ways you can join our efforts, click a link below:
- Braelinn Elementary School: http://www.fcboe.org/bes
- Huddleston Elementary School: http://www.fcboe.org/Domain/15
- Peachtree City Elementary School: http://www.fcboe.org/Domain/22
- Spring Hill Elementary School: http://www.fcboe.org/shes
- Sara Harp Minton Elementary School: http://www.fcboe.org/Domain/27
- Peachtree City Rotary Club Grand Prix Race Series: http://ptcrc.com/rotary-grand-prix/
- Be. Go. Do. Guatemala: http://begodoguatemala.com/
- Joseph A. Sam’s School: http://josephsamsschool.org/
- Promise Place: http://promiseplace.org/
- Camp Twin Lakes http://www.camptwinlakes.org/
- Wounded Warrior Project https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
- Independence Fund http://independencefund.org/
We serve clients across northern Georgia in the counties of Clayton, Coweta, DeKalb, Fayette, Fulton, Heard, Henry. Meriwether, Pike, and Spalding, including the cities of: Atlanta, Brooks, Chamblee, Chattahoochee Hills, Clarkston, College Park, Decatur, Doraville, East Point, Fairburn, Fayetteville, Forest Park, Franklin, Gay, Grantville, Greenville, Griffin, Hampton, Hapeville, Haralson, Jonesboro, Lake City, Lithonia, Locust Grove, Lovejoy, McDonough, Meansville, Molena, Moreland, Morrow, Mountain Park, Newnan, Orchard Hill, Palmetto, Peachtree City, Pine Lake, Riverdale, Senoia, Sharpsburg, Stockbridge, Stone Mountain, Turin, Tyrone, Union City, Williamson, Woolsey, Zebulon, and more! Read about our firm on this site under “About Us” and see what our clients are saying under “Our Clients Said…“.